Detox is an important step in treating alcoholism. Due to the excessive amount of alcohol present in the body, from long-term consumption, toxins are ought to be removed from it to start with the medical procedure.
Alcohol detox or detoxification is defined by the Alcohol Treatment In Zirakpur as a natural process occurring in the body as it way to get rid of waste products and toxins present in the body. In treatment, detox for alcohol is to be accompanied by counseling, observation, and medications.
Some people are rather strained to quit their drinking habits due to the occurrence of withdrawal symptoms. As prescribed by the Alcohol Treatment In Zirakpur, symptoms are:
- The first six to twelve hours can show some mild symptoms which quickly start worsening as time goes by. Early symptoms include headaches, anxiety, shaking, nausea and irritability.
- At the end of the 24 hours (day 1) of detox, symptoms start becoming more severe. Apart from the starting symptoms, additional symptoms like disorientation, hand tremors, and seizures.
- Day 2 of detox is comparatively similar as the painful symptoms will continue into the second day as well. Hallucinations and panic attacks are common at this time which makes the pain more severe as the body starts to get rid of alcohol.
- Day three to seven can show life-threatening symptoms like delirium tremens, where the person is at the most risk as symptoms may come and go or may stay for a longer time.
- By the time, the first week of detox is completed, many withdrawal symptoms staring to fade away while some other may continue for some more weeks.
These symptoms start intensifying as hours and days pass by but eventually if a person’s body began taking control over its system’s desires and starts working in the physiological and physical factors then only the process of detoxification can be completed.
Alcohol treatment in Zirakpur states that prolonged and continuous abuse of alcohol can lead to tolerance and biological changes that start creating a false environment for the brain to think it is right.